For the 4th of July weekend we went up to stay with Justin's grandparents in Logan. We had a great time with them! It's always so fun to go stay with them because they are very active people and they always treat us like a King and Queen! Due to me being pregnant, I just wanted to relax with my swollen feet up for most the time, so we did. We had a great time chatting with Nana and Papa and just enjoying their company. We did do some other fun things such as going swimming, to dinner to Texas Roadhouse (yum!), to church, watched a few movies, played a couple games, went to their ward 4th of July breakfast and patriotic program, went to a concert, and had a yummy BBQ! Justin's Uncle Scott came down Sunday night with his wonderful wife, Jenny, and two of his kids, so we enjoyed being with them as well through Monday!
On Sunday, Papa and Justin decided to have man-bonding time and watch the movie, "Patton" (which is about the WWII General who was a great general but an interesting man). Nana and I watched but it went on so long that we got pretty bored. Nana would keep asking Papa how much longer and he'd say, "Ruth Ann, I don't know!" and go back to watching the movie intently. When I thought the movie had been going on for 5 hours, music came on and the word "Intermission" came on the screen!! Nana and I couldn't believe it was only intermission! So we decided to play a game while the guys finished their bonding time. When I looked at the movie cover to see how long it was, it said it was only about 3 hours long. Man how time doesn't fly when you're bored!!
Nana and I enjoyed the rest of the movie playing Phase 10. To say the least, it was pretty funny how much the guys were in to the movie and how slow it was going for us gals! Even though Nana and I were bored for a lot of the time during the movie, it ended up being a great memory!
No comments:
Post a Comment