Thursday, March 29, 2012

America the Great

On Tuesday Justin and I went and saw a movie called Monumental. It was going to be a one time showing that played at the same time around the nation but it's actually being shown more times now due to great support. I heard about it on the Today show last week when Kirk Cameron (the actor from Growing Pains and Fireproof...not to be confused with the director from Avatar...totally different people!) was on. He was explaining about the greatness of America, how it became so great, and that he produced a movie called 'Monumental' that shows it. He was also asked about his conservative views (importance of family and God, etc.) and I was so impressed with what he had to say. This was not the first time I've heard of what a great person he is either! I told Justin about it, got online to research it a little bit, and then bought tickets to show our support and see this amazing film. If you want to see the trailer, go here http://www.monumentalmovie.com/.
Let me tell you, this movie was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! It's a documentary where Kirk Cameron travels around Europe and America to find the truth about the Pilgrims, what they were going through, and why and how they eventually came to America. It goes on to explain what principles America was founded on and that as soon as we've turned away from those principles, America has gone down hill. I can definitely see that and can also see that in other countries. He seeks out experts who explain all they know and also have proof (documents, journals, bibles printed and paid for by the government and other bibles paid for by our founding fathers, etc.)

I left the theatre more fired up than ever about our country and wanting to help us get it back to our founding principles. It's sad to hear about all these crazy things that go on that are now accepted. And that things that we were founded on (the biggest thing being God) is simply being taken out of everything. It's also scary that the Pilgrims were running from the government that controled everything in England (especially their religion and religious leaders) and that we are heading in that direction! It seems like every few weeks I hear about the gov't wanting to take control over another part of our lives.

I pre-ordered 'Monumental' for when it comes out in July...it was that good. We live in an amazing country that came from amazing beginnings. I want to make our forefathers proud and know that they didn't do all they did for nothing. I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am for all they did for us and that they knew how important freedom is that they were willing to endure the immense hardships they did. Freedom is so important and we continually have to fight for it because it's not free. How grateful I am for the military who fight for our freedom today. Thank you!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds really great! I hope you will let us borrow it when you get it.

Katie said...

Great post, Linds! America is great and I'm glad there's someone in Hollywood who recognizes that! The movie sounds interesting, we'll have to watch it.