Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Shield your eyes...you might go blind!

On Easter Sunday we came home from church and started getting ready to go over to my in-laws for Easter dinner. It was such a beautiful day that Justin started putting on some shorts while I was putting on jeans. When I saw his shorts I got jealous and said to him, "I wish I had shorts!" He reminded me that I do have a pair of shorts and so I got them out...but remembered why I don't wear them often...my legs are blinding white!!! They pretty much look like this: 
 I explained to Justin that I've won all the whitest leg contests. He then said to me (while I started trying the shorts on just to see if somehow, miraculously, my legs looked better this year in shorts than they did last year), "It's winter! Everyone's legs are whi..." but at the exact moment he started saying the word "white," he caught a glimpse of me in my shorts and burst out laughing! ...That's a confidence booster. Of course once he stopped laughing he tried to cover it up and tell me my legs were fine...but there's no going back from that.  I immediately took the shorts off and put on some capris I forgot I had (I am comfortable enough to revealed my white ankles). I don't think anyone at dinner went blind from that...if you did, please don't send me your medical bills!

3 comments:

Justin Calder said...

...I love you, babe - white legs and all. :)

Ruth Ann said...

I thought your legs looked great! White is what Papa's legs are. And by the way I use Jergens lotion with a tanning ingredient. It does not streak and leaves your legs feeling great. Might give it a try before summer gets here! Should I bring you a tube????

Katie said...

Ah me, the encouraging laugh. When I read the story I could hear J telling you everyone's legs are white and then laughing.

As it is, I doubt anyone noticed your white ankles. I feel your pain being pale...I think I literally reflect light at night. But I do think you've beaten me in contests. ;)