Well, it finally happened. We received a letter from our health insurance company saying that they have to discontinue their plans due to the Affordable Care Act. So Justin's work will need to find new insurance or will not be able to offer health benefits starting in June.
I have been hearing of a lot of people who have received a letter similar to ours and so I honestly was just waiting until we received one. I sadly knew it would come eventually. It makes me so mad that our President has been blatantly lying to everyone (about many things, but I will just stick to this topic). I remember him saying that the Affordable Care Act wouldn't make any health insurance company go out of business, it will just add another option. But thanks to all the requirements and stipulations in this act, many (if not all) insurance companies will be going out of business and we will be forced to get insurance through the government. Great! Just another way of the government controlling us! I am in awe that there are still people who like this President.
I guess I will wait to hear from Justin's employer on what we need to do, but sheesh! I am so annoyed!
2 comments:
My parents are from Canada. We're turning into Canada. And from a health insurance viewpoint-it is not a good thing!
I am so sorry! I hope you get things figured out!
Post a Comment