Being a mom is hard. I get down sometimes when I am exhausted from not getting enough sleep at night, taking care of everyone's needs ahead of my own, getting through the tantrums, etc. But then there are moments like this that make it all worth it:
Seeing Myah and Reagan loving each other, smiling, and playing together makes it all worth it. No matter how bad the day was, as soon as they're asleep I can't help but laugh and talk about how sweet they are. Myah of course throws plenty of tantrums, but she's also been extremely loving lately. When we ask for hugs she says, "ok mom (or dad)" and gives a big hug and kiss. When Justin leaves for work she says, "daddy, hug and kiss!"
Myah's been saying she loves us a lot lately and that's been so nice to hear. For instance, last night Myah and I were throwing up a lot due to food we ate, and I still felt kind of sick today. She was playing in the sink and I walked over to her and she immediately put her head on me, gave me a hug, and said, "I ove you mom." (Makes me tear up just thinking about it)
Since my surgery, she's always asking about my owies. "Your owies getting all better?" We also have this conversation a lot:
Myah: You have surgery?
Me: Yep
Myah: Why?
Me: Because my gallbladder was sick and made my back hurt so they had to take it out.
Myah: (Thinking for a minute) Reagan have surgery?
Me: No, she didn't.
Myah: Myah have surgery?
Me: No, you both are ok and don't need surgery. But I'm all better now.
I think this picture shows one of the best parts of being a mom: when your child falls asleep on you. The snuggles are the best! This hasn't happened for a long time but last Sunday she didn't get a nap and was exhausted so she fell asleep when I nursed her.
Reagan is such a sweet girl too and is definitely a momma's girl right now. She plays great by herself for a while and then when she's done she reaches for me or scooches her way closer. She also is into sharing. She'll be eating or playing with something and then if someone is near she'll reach it out to them as if to share. I'll pretend to take a bite or play with it and she'll smile and take it back all excited.
I need to share one more story about Reagan that makes me happy whenever I think about it! Reagan was down for a nap one day and she'd cry for a minute and then be quite for a while, cry for a minute and be quite for a while, and so on. Finally I went in to make sure she was ok and I found her drifting off to sleep while sitting up in her crib! Cutest thing ever! I laid her down, she cried for a few minutes, but went back to sleep.
As I've said before, she loves the piano! This video is kind of long but she's the most excited at the end:
A lot of times Myah is very good to play by herself. I was on the computer one day and I turned around to see Myah sitting on the slide reading 'Oh the Places You'll Go'. She reads there a lot, but it's so precious when she doesn't know I'm watching...
...then she saw! After a minute she asked me to read it to her, which I did, and I cried because that is an amazing book and I want my little girls to go far in life and go to great places.
Myah loves playing with her friends Ayden and Haylee (though Haylee's not pictured here). One day we were all outside and they found thick ice in the shade...so they proceeded to eat it all. She loves to ride trikes and it getting good at doing the pedals. It's so fun to be a mom and see my girls grow. I can't believe how big they are getting!






1 comment:
You're right, being a mom is worth it and it is also exhausting! I do the same thing you said - I'll be at the end of my rope and SOOOO ready for bedtime but then once they're sleeping I remember how dang sweet they are! You're a great mom!
I'm sorry you and Myah were sick. I hope you are feeling better. Love you!
Post a Comment