Myah has come such a long way with her shyness in the past 6 months. She used to never leave my side, even when we were at our family's houses and we were staying there! Now she loves nursery, loves playing with her cousins and friends, and doesn't have a problem leaving me (which is so nice! It was really out of control before!).
Myah also still cracks us up with the things she says. I know she gets a lot of phrases from movies and cartoons and I think it's hilarious that she remembers them so well. For instance, when she finished going potty one day, I happened to be in the bathroom with her so she looked at me while sitting on the potty and said, "You can do the honors!" Meaning to wipe her...um...thanks! She got the phrase from one of her shows called 'Justin Time'.
Something happened yesterday that shows Myah's great memory. It was Sunday and during nursery we went to the primary room for singing time. One of the Primary counselors came and sat behind the kids in Myah's direction (there were about 20 kids so we needed extra help) so Myah turned around and said hi. The counselor said "hi! What's your name?" Myah said, "My name is Myah! What's your name?" The counselor told her and that was that. Many hours later...like 7 hours... I was telling Justin about how I was impressed with Myah's full sentences and told him about this experience with the Primary counselor. Myah heard us and said, "and what was her name?" I told Myah I couldn't remember. Myah then said, "It was Barker." And indeed, it was Sis. Barker.
Here are some pics of Myah with her friends:
With cousins Porter and Noah. (thanks for the pic Rachel)
With neighbor friends Haylee and Ayden.
Fort! (thanks for the pic Keeley)
Justin's sister, Katie and Nate live close now, so every two weeks we switch off watching each other's kids so we can have a date night (more like date afternoon)! The kids loved playing together when it was our turn to watch Porter and Savannah!
Reagan has lately loved to lay down and try to cover herself up with her blankets. She'll lay down, cover herself, sit up, lay down, recover herself, etc. for a long time! I'll come in from another room and just find her laying there with her dog...so cute.
Reagan loves Elmo now. We have an Elmo learning game app on our Ipad that has an alphabet song on it that she loves to dance to. When it comes to the letter C and D though, she gets so excited to see the cat and dog (an animal lover) that she'll touch the Ipad in excitement and it makes the app close, so we have to keep starting it over. You can see in the video what I mean.
Myah loves taking pictures. This was one she took of Reagan...besides the camera focusing on the couch, I'd say it turned out pretty cute.
Bedtime story (notice Reagan wearing Myah's boots. She's a bit obsessed with boots right now).
This video is of the bedtime songs. Both girls were singing this night.
Fort time at our house! There's something magical about a good fort.











1 comment:
Those videos were great! I love Reagan's little dance with the Elmo video.
Post a Comment