On Mother's Day we did a hand cast of Myah's hand so that we can always have a replica of her little hand at this size. Justin's mom, Julie, had a kit to make it. We did it twice. The first time Myah did great. The second time Myah didn't think it was as fun the whole time and of course that was when we had Aunt Katie take pictures for us. Julie made the form liquid and then Myah had to put her hand in it till it hardened into rubber.
Justin had to wrestle with Myah's hand to keep it from touching the side of the cup. It's amazing how strong a baby is!
She didn't think it was fun at this point.
"Ah, a stick to distract me!" Thanks goodness for sticks!
When the rubbery form hardened, we took out Myah's hand then filled the form with the cast liquid. The next day we took off the rubbery form and this is what we were left with: Myah's cute 9.5 month old hand.
What a great keepsake. Thanks Julie!
4 comments:
Oh my goodness it shows the detail so well! (kind of amazing, kind of creepy!) I would love to do this with Mabel's feet! Where did Julie get the kit from?
PS: Cute blog background. :)
Oh my! It came out much better than I expected! Don't forget to do that for future little ones! What a wonderful keepsake to have. Loved being with you on Sunday. And I really like the new picture !
That turned out so great!
I think it turned out great! Glad she wasn't giving us "the finger"! I ordered the kits from castingkeepsakes.com
Post a Comment