Friday, August 24, 2012

It's funny now...

On Tuesday I was finishing up cooking dinner. I had some food on the stove and in the oven. When it was done, I grabbed the garlic bread out of the oven as well as a casserole and put both of them on the stove. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough room for everything on the stove and so the glass pan with my casserole in it dropped to the floor...onto my foot. First off, OUCH! I moved my foot so fast after it landed that it didn't get burned, but the weight of the dish all landed on my foot. Second, ARGH! I'd just spent about an hour making dinner all to have the main dish fall on the floor! I wanted to throw something, so I threw what I was holding...which happened to be two light-weight oven mits. But then I immediately picked them up because our floor was gross from Myah's earlier playing and I didn't want Myah to pick them up and get more dirty. (I'm a very rational person, even when I'm extremely angry, apparently!) It was a pretty wimpy show of anger and it's funny now that I think about it! I should have punched a wall! Justin witnessed the whole thing and I'm amazed he didn't laugh at the sight of my "angry outburst!"

Justin was so nice to clean it up while I went to our room to be upset and cry. Myah would come check on me a few times and give me hugs and then when Justin came and got me, we went and ate dinner while he informed me of the good news. He told me the glass dish didn't break; only my foot! And he told me that not that much of dinner spilled on the floor and he was able to pick it all up...onto his plate...and he was going to eat it! Due to my hair shedding so much, he had to pick out a ton of hairs, but he ate it even though I told him to throw it away. Now that's love...or hunger...or both!

We went to the doctor yesterday for Justin, and the doctor noticed my old man cane I was using (thanks for letting me borrow it dad!) and looked at my foot. I got a few x-rays and it's not broken. It was pretty swollen and bruised some but it's going down and I can walk better and better every day. Needless-to-say, the doctor, nurse, and x-ray tech all said, "so...it says you dropped a pan on your foot?" as a smile would come across their face. I guess it was pretty hilarious!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Sadness! I'm glad your foot wasn't broken! I'm also glad dinner was salvaged and I'm impressed that Justin ate it off the floor! :) And I love that Myah kept checking on you!

Rachel said...

Poor Lindsey! I would be upset too. I am glad Justin and Myah were good to you.

Britt said...

Perhaps we nurses have a sick sense of humor. I found myself laughing at many situations people were in. However....this having happened to me before....I wanted to cry with you! Feel better!!!!