Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Cold weather calls for...crotcheting

The other day I found that Myah has outgrown all of her warm hats. I decided to make her a few, but as I was about to get crotcheting, I realized I'd forgotten how to! So instead of starting on a hat, I decided to start by making her a matching scarf (a scarf is much easier than a hat). I re-figured out how to crochet with the scarf and then moved on to the hat. I like how they turned out.
 That night was the presidential debate. While watching, I got annoyed of Pres. Obama and decided to make Myah another hat so I didn't feel like I was wasting my time. It was much easier the second time around!
 Myah liked them but only enough to play with them in the laundry basket...not wear. Today I got her to wear the hat for a little bit outside. She makes it look very cute!


3 comments:

Britt said...

I'm wicked impressed. Lucy will wear a hat for all of 2 seconds and then its off for peek-a-boo play. Myah looks darling!!!

Rachel said...

They look great and she looks beautiful!

Katie said...

Such a pretty girl! I love the hats! I've been making Porter a hat too, but I'm a lot slower!