Well, I almost burned the apartment down yesterday! Not really, but we did have an oven fire. I was in the process of making peach cobbler and had the filling on the stove. I quickly turned on the oven so it could preheat. A few minutes later I noticed smoke coming out of the oven! I opened it up and there was one of Myah's plastic plates melting on the rack and on fire on the bottom of the oven. I turned the oven off and shut the door to stop the air from feeding the fire but wasn't sure what to do...throw water on it? I opened up windows and such but ended up calling Justin and he came home from work and helped me get it settled.
Meanwhile, Myah kept running in the kitchen, pointing to the oven and saying "fire!" We got our fans going and went out for dinner at Arctic Circle (because plastic is toxic when melted)! We cleaned the oven last night and things are good now, but it was exciting.
So as you can assume, Myah likes to put things in and out of the oven. Now I know, always check the oven before turning it on! It think it's cute that she does what she sees me do and likes to pretend she's cooking. I should have known to look! She also loves to be in "my house"-which is under the table:
She likes to be her own independent woman. She talks on her phone, eats, takes care of her doll, and just likes being under there! She's a growing girl...starting fires and all...and I can't believe it.
Meanwhile, Myah kept running in the kitchen, pointing to the oven and saying "fire!" We got our fans going and went out for dinner at Arctic Circle (because plastic is toxic when melted)! We cleaned the oven last night and things are good now, but it was exciting.
So as you can assume, Myah likes to put things in and out of the oven. Now I know, always check the oven before turning it on! It think it's cute that she does what she sees me do and likes to pretend she's cooking. I should have known to look! She also loves to be in "my house"-which is under the table:
She likes to be her own independent woman. She talks on her phone, eats, takes care of her doll, and just likes being under there! She's a growing girl...starting fires and all...and I can't believe it.
.jpg)
.jpg)
5 comments:
AGGHHHH!!! That is crazy! Mabel is putting things in the oven ALL the time and I am totally paranoid I am going to do the same thing. Glad you caught it in time!
She is a pretty cute fire starter! Love her house.
So much for the peach cobbler?
Scary! I think it is really cute that Myah was running around saying "fire!". Glad everything worked out okay. Hope you got shakes at Arctic Circle!
Yikes! Glad it all turned out okay! It is so cute that Myah wants to be just like you- cooking and running her own house!
Oh my, Lindsey! that is scary at best. Glad it turned out OK
Yeah, it was kind of crazy. The peach cobbler was still a success though. I just microwaved it on a lower power setting. Still delicious!
Post a Comment