Sunday, November 17, 2013

Tew Thanks-Mas Party

On Nov. 9th, my side of the family had a holiday/goodbye party for my parents before they left on their mission.  We called it our Thanks-Mas party but we tried to tie in all of the holidays somehow! My sister and brother called it our "Merry Hallo-Thanks-Mas 4th-of-St Patrick's-New Years Eve-ster." It was at my brother, Bryan and Jenna's house and they did an awesome job decorating!
 When we first got there, some of us went to ride Jenna's horses. It was a first for Myah, and she loved it!
  I love Myah's face in this one!
 My niece's, Brenna and Morgan
 Jenna has two miniature horses. Justin fit nicely on this one!
 Myah tried to catch a ride with everyone, if you can tell in all the pictures.
 My bro-in-law Dave, riding like the wind!
After riding horses, we went back to the house for our Thanksgiving dinner and our traditional Christmas games. My brother Brady flew in from Alaska and surprised my parents so it was a blast having him here with us. We missed his family though.
Brady serenaded us on the guitar (on the right).
 The festivities hadn't even started and Dave and Brenna were worn out!
 Jenna working on the delicious meal.
Family picture with me...
 
Family picture with Jenna and JJ.
The younger kid table.
 My siblings and I made a book for my parents to take on their mission. Each of us wrote a letter to them accompanied with pictures. It turned out really nice and they loved it!
They got a bit emotional over it...just a bit...
Playing the candy bar game.
My nephew, Jones, scaling the couch.
The white elephant game.
Justin's white elephant gift!
I got a Yoda stuffed animal and Myah loves it!
It was an awesome party! 

2 comments:

Rachel said...

The candy bar game looks fun. You'll have to tell me how it works. I like the picture of Justin standing while also sitting on a horse.

The Tews said...

That was a fun party! (except for the sickness part a few days later) I may need to steal a couple of these pictures since I didn't take any. :( Thanks again for putting the book together - it looked awesome!