Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Binky Fairy!

Myah's binky...
...something I didn't think we could get rid of while living in our apartment. I was sure she'd freak out during the night if she woke up without it and I didn't want to wake the neighbors every night! But I am very proud to say that after many discussions with Myah about her binky, she decided it was time to say goodbye!!!!
Here's what we did!
She gathered her binkies and we put them in this gift bag for the "Binky Fairy!" As we talked about this during the month before, I told her the Binky Fairy will take her binkies to babies who need them since she doesn't need them anymore. She really liked that idea of helping the babies. (Yes, it may be a lie, but I was willing to do what I needed to to get those binkies gone!)
Then she put it outside the front door before she went to bed...without her binky for the first time! And we didn't have any problems during the night! I was shocked!
The next morning...
...Myah opened the door and the Binky Fairy had taken the binkies and put a present in their place!
Myah was sooooo excited! She'd been wanting a bubble gun, and imagine that, the Binky Fairy brought it for her!
Myah hasn't slept with a binky since Feb. 2nd and she's done amazing! We haven't had any problems with her complaining or not sleeping. I am so excited and it's been nice not to have to find a lost binky during the night! Myah is also very excited because she really likes that she's becoming a big girl! She'll randomly come up to me during the day and say, "I don't sleep with my binky!!" This was much easier than I imagined and I'm so proud of my Myah.

4 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

Oh my, what a creative idea. That seems like a much better choice than we resorted to when we left Ali's any bottles for the bear when we went camping when she was about that age. I love that the Binky Fairy came and left her something she wanted. You are a creative great mom.

Rachel said...

Yay Myah! Congratulations. She is such a big girl.

The Tews said...

Go Myah! Not even any tears, she was ready! The bubble thing is fun, and I love how well cute Reagan is feeding herself in the background!

The Tew Clan said...

Good Job Myah and Mom! That was a great idea! She is getting so big!