Well, we've finally made it through eliminating one of Justin's allergies at a time to see what the reaction was to it after he ate it again. Some were definitely tougher than others...the thoughest ones were corn and soy. They are in everything! Corn was the hardest though. Because Justin was still eating the other six allergens all the time, he still always felt sick, but it was interesting to see how his body reacted when he reintroduced the allergen back in. Peanuts made his throat almost close up, so it's the most crucial one for him not to eat (which isn't a big deal because he rarely eats anything with peanuts in it anyway). I think he said the other ones that he got the worst reactions after peanuts were wheat, milk, and corn.
Our plan of action now is for Justin to go a whole week without eating any of the allergens to see if he will actually feel good for once. Keep your fingers crossed! Then we'll introduce the allergens one at a time, starting with the ones he didn't seem to have much reaction to first. We are going to start that intense diet on Monday. It's going to be difficult, but I think we'll be surprised with all he CAN eat, especially with the products that are out there now. He CAN have meats, rice, fruits, veggies, and homemade stuff that I can monitor all the ingredients. It was interesting for me to see what's out there and get creative with his diet. Due to my health and nutrition background and the fact that I like to cook and bake,this challenge is actually pretty exciting for me!
So like I said, keep your fingers crossed and your prayers coming that this will work for Justin and he can finally feel good! Here we go!
6 comments:
Lindsey and Justin, We will continue to pray for Justin to feel better. We will put his name on the prayer roll at the Logan temple each week and feel certain that with the help of the Lord and your good cooking that he will begin to feel better quickly. And gain some weight and become active once again. We're pulling for you both!
love you
Nana and Papa
Good luck! I am glad he has you and your nutritional knowledge. Keep us updated.
Lindsey I think you are INCREDIBLE! Hope there are some great solutions on the horizon!
Sounds like a lot of work but I know you can both do it! Good luck!
great points altogether, you just gained a new reader. What would you suggest in regards to your post that you made some days ago? Any positive?
I'm not an expert when it comes to this. Didn't even know this was possible. Useful read, appreciate your posting this.
Post a Comment