Monday, April 1, 2013

Quiet book...done!

I finished the quiet book that I've been working on since January!
I loved making it...and I must have because I ended up doing it all by hand. I kept telling myself I'd use my mom or mom-in-law's sewing machines, but it never happened. Anyways, I'm excited because Myah enjoys it even though she can't do some of the stuff yet. I took it to church on Sunday and it kept her occupied for a lot of sacrament meeting. Here's a video of the book:

8 comments:

The Haws Family said...

That is IN-credible!!!!! You are amazing, and I can't believe you did that all by hand. It is adorable and I love all the pages, especially the lady in the shoe and the snowman and...all of them! Congrats on finishing!

Britt said...

This is awesome! Did you have a pattern or anything? I've been searching for ideas for a quiet book for Lucy! Nice work!

The Tews said...

I am in LOVE with every page! Snowman page is sooooo cute! Mabel would want to do the piggy bank page over and over. It all turned out so great, what a treasure! The cover looks great, you are a pro!

Lindsey said...

Thanks everyone! Brit, I did have a pattern...I am not a creative person, so that was a must! I borrowed it from my mom-in-law. The company was called the Quilted Fish.

Rachel said...

WOW! I am so impressed! I can't believe you did it all by hand and so fast too. It looks great! Myah will love it.

Katie said...

This is great! Like the others have said, I can't believe you did it all by hand! That is awesome. Porter LOVED watching the video of you going through it. I think he wants one, too!

Ruth Ann said...

Oh my, Lindsey! I cannot believe you did all that work by hand. Maybe we should get you a sewing machine for your "whatever" day! I am really impressed and would love a quiet book like that to play with - Myah will be entertained for years and so will your babe!

The Tew Clan said...

Your book looks great! Yay for the last few weeks of pregnancy! It will go quickly. Love and miss you!